What to Bring to Open a Youth Account
To open an account for a youth under age 18, please take the documentation listed below to any branch.
M3 Money Club
For kids 0 through 12 years old. Accounts must be opened with a parent, grandparent or guardian. We must have the Social Security number, date of birth and identification (ex. birth certificate or Social Security card) for the child. Parent, grandparent or guardian must also bring ID. See below for guidelines.
Elements of Money
For teens 13-17 years old. Accounts must be opened with a parent, grandparent or guardian. We must have the Social Security number, date of birth and identification (ex. Photo ID) of the child. Parent, grandparent or guardian must also bring ID. See below for guidelines.
To open a child's account at any branch, a parent, grandparent or guardian must please bring the following documents:
1. One (1) valid (not expired) government issued picture identification.
- U.S. Driver's License*
- State Issued Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
- Military Dependent Identification Card
- Alien Registration Card (Form I-551)
- Employment Authorization (Form I-766)
*Please note that we cannot accept the temporary Indiana driver's license and state ID cards to open a new account unless you have your old Indiana driver's license/ID with you.
2. One (1) valid (not expired) second form of identification.
- Student ID Card
- Employer ID Card
- Credit/Debit Card
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Car Registration
- Bill or invoice not more than 30 days old, showing your pre-printed address (ex. utility bill, real estate tax bill, credit card bill, etc.). A hand written bill is not acceptable.
- Bank Statement
- Documents issued by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
- Identity card issued by a state or national government authority
- Medicare Card
- Medicaid Card
- Insurance Card (other than Medicare or Medicaid)
- Immigrant or Nonimmigrant U.S. Visa
3. Proof of Social Security Number
- Social Security Card
- Letter from Social Security Administration showing your name and full SSN
- W-2/1099/1098 showing your name and full SSN
- Tax Return showing your name and full SSN
- Insurance/Medicare card showing your name and full SSN
- Paystub showing your name and full SSN
- Official school or student loan document showing your name and full SSN
4. Proof of employment may be necessary
- If you qualify for membership solely because your employer is located in one of our eligible counties
5. Opening deposit
- Membership share of $5, which is deposited into Membership Savings
We're ready to help you!
Call a representative at 812-855-7823 or toll-free 888-855-6928.