IU Credit Union offers a full line of financial products and services with low fees and competitive rates. Honesty, fair prices and great service are just a few of the benefits you'll enjoy. Each member has an equal ownership and a vote in how their credit union is operated.
Membership to the IU Credit Union is open to:
- any persons who reside or work in one of the Eligible Counties listed below
- any persons who have an immediate family member that is a current IU Credit Union Member
- any persons who are current dues-paying members of the Indiana University Alumni Association.
What to bring to open your account
To open your account (youth accounts, see below) at any branch please bring:
1. One (1) valid (not expired) government issued picture identification.
- U.S. Driver's License*
- State Issued Identification Card
- Military Identification Card
- Military Dependent Identification Card
- Alien Registration Card (Form I-551)
- Employment Authorization (Form I-766)
*Please note that we cannot accept the temporary Indiana driver's license and state ID cards to open a new account unless your have your old Indiana driver's license/ID with you
2. One (1) valid (not expired) second form of identification.
- Student ID Card
- Employer ID Card
- Credit/Debit Card
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Car Registration
- Bill or invoice not more than 30 days old, showing your pre-printed address (ex. utility bill, real estate tax bill, credit card bill, etc.). A hand written bill is not acceptable.
- Bank Statement
- Documents issued by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
- Identity card issued by a state or national government authority
- Medicare Card
- Medicaid Card
- Insurance Card (other than Medicare or Medicaid)
- Immigrant or Nonimmigrant U.S. Visa
3. Proof of Social Security Number
- Social Security Card
- Letter from Social Security Administration showing your name and full SSN
- W-2/1099/1098 showing your name and full SSN
- Tax Return showing your name and full SSN
- Insurance/Medicare card showing your name and full SSN
- Paystub showing your name and full SSN
- Official school or student loan document showing your name and full SSN
4. Proof of employment may be necessary
- If you qualify for membership solely because your employer is located in one of our eligible counties
5. Opening deposit
- Membership share of $5, which is deposited into Membership Savings
Youth Accounts (under 18)
M3 Money Club
For kids birth through 12 years old. Accounts must be opened with a parent, grandparent or guardian. We must have the Social Security number, date of birth and identification (ex. birth certificate or Social Security card) for the child. Parent, grandparent or guardian must also bring ID.
Elements of Money
For teens 13-17 years old. Accounts must be opened with a parent, grandparent or guardian. We must have the Social Security number, date of birth and identification (ex. Photo ID) of the child. Parent, grandparent or guardian must also bring ID.