IU Credit Union COVID-19 Updates
Updated: May 14, 2020
IU Credit Union Branch Lobbies Temporarily Closed Until Further Notice
After careful consideration, and to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, members and community, we have closed our branch lobbies until further notice (31 & Smith Valley Road Branch and Drive-up is temporarily closed).
All of our branch drive-ups will remain open to serve your financial needs. Additionally, we will provide lobby service to address needs that are more complex and provide safe deposit box access, by appointment only.
While this was not an easy decision, public health officials have urged social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Branch drive-ups and our Contact Center will be available regular hours:
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. — 5:30 p.m. ET,
Friday 9:00 — 6:00 p.m. ET and
Saturday 9:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m. ET.
To speak to a Contact Center representative or to make a branch appointment, please call 812-855-7823 or toll free at 888-855-MYCU (6928).
You may also access your IU Credit Union account safely and securely through Online & Mobile Banking. With Online and Mobile Banking, you can:
- Transfer money
- Deposit checks using Mobile Deposit
- Pay bills
- View checks and account history
- Make payments
- Apply for a loan
- Access your IUCU credit card
- Send and receive secure emails
Please contact us at 812-855-7823, or toll free 888-855-MYCU for more information on how to enroll in Online & Mobile Banking and for a complete list of our drive-up and ATM locations.
Gary and Fort Wayne IU Credit Union Campus Branches to Temporarily Close Until Further Notice
Effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020, our Fort Wayne and Gary campus branch locations will be closed until further notice.
The Gary ATM will not be accessible during this closure.
Please contact us at 812-855-7823, or toll free 888-855-MYCU for more information on how to enroll in Online & Mobile Banking. Visit our locations page for a complete list of our drive-up and ATM locations as well as links to our nation-wide ATM and Shared Branching network locations.
Relief Measures for Members Impacted by COVID-19
IU Credit Union is committed to serving our members and providing financial solutions throughout their lives, including during times of unexpected need. To help our members experiencing financial distress related to COVID-19, we have implemented the following measures:
- Waiver of Loan Skip-A-Pay Fee*. All consumer loans are eligible (does not apply to mortgage loans; see below for credit card skip payments.) Standard Skip-A-Pay terms and conditions apply.
- Delinquent Loan Solutions or deferrals to support members who may fall behind on payments. Some loans may not be eligible for these solutions in certain cases.
- Waiver of early withdrawal penalty on Certificates*
- Waiver of 6 electronic transfers per month limit from Money Market Savings*
- Waiver of Telephone Transfer Fee*
- Waiver of new cash advance fees, late fees and/or return payment fees on Credit Cards* (applicable for credit card accounts in good standing.)
- Automatic Skip Payments for May and June Credit Card payments* (applicable for credit card accounts in good standing and not set up for Auto Pay. If you are enrolled in Auto Pay please contact us to set up the skip(s) payment.
*fees, penalties or restrictions waived through June 30, 2020. These relief measures are subject to change at any time.
Please contact us at 812-855-7823, or 888-855-MYCU (6928) for assistance or additional information regarding these measures.
We appreciate your membership and confidence in IU Credit Union, and we remain committed to serve you during these unprecedented times.
Plan for Implementing Measures and Instituting Safeguards in Response to COVID-19
Employee and member safety is our top concern. Accordingly, we are taking steps to provide a safer environment to help combat concerns raised by the COVID-19 health emergency and to minimize risks on our premises going forward. As informed by healthcare experts and federal, state, and local policy-makers, these steps include the following protective and preventative measures, which have been distributed to all employees and are posted on the organization's website at www.iucu.org, at the entry to the building, and on the employee bulletin board:
Employee Screening Procedures
- Upon reporting to work, each employee will answer a screening questionnaire to ensure they do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Employees are encouraged to wear a facemask that is either provided by the Credit Union or they can also use their own. Employees also have access to gloves. Members are also encouraged to wear a face mask while on premises.
- Germ guards have been installed at all member-facing workstations for employee and member protection.
- Employees and members shall maintain at least six feet of distance between themselves and other people. To facilitate social distancing, we have marked six foot distances for lobby queuing.
- Employees who are in a vulnerable status have been granted leave until further notice.
- The Credit Union will conduct meetings, whenever practical and available, via phone or virtual communication.
- To reduce the number of members on the premises at any given time, members may reach IUCU at the following phone number: 812-855-7823 or toll free 888-855-MYCU, or visit the company web address: www.iucu.org to access online banking or to obtain additional information.
Workplace Cleaning and Disinfection
- High-touch surfaces (tables, printers, doorknobs, countertops, handles, phones, keyboards, touchscreens, faucets, etc.) shall be regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout the workday and at the close of business.
- Disinfecting spray and/or disposable wipes are provided so commonly used areas can be wiped down by employees before and after each use.
- Employees and members are reminded and encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly and to use hand sanitizer regularly throughout the day (to make this practice easier, hand sanitizer is available for use by employees and members at designated locations on the premises).
- Employees and members are encouraged to refrain from touching their face, nose, mouth, or eyes and to avoid shaking hands with or touching others.
- If employees or members have to sneeze, cough, or clear their throat, they should utilize their elbow or arm to muffle the sneeze or cough, or use a disposable tissue and then immediately dispose of it.
- Signage regarding COVID-19 safety guidelines and best practices will be posted in relevant places on the premises.
- Signage will be posted on lobby doors advising members not to enter if they are feeling ill or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Individuals with Symptoms
- Employees with respiratory illness symptoms should not come to work, should contact their physician and seek testing, and should contact their supervisor and comply with notification policies for requesting leave.
- Employees who become ill while at work must notify their supervisor and will be sent home immediately.
- Prior to returning to work, sick employees must be free of a fever without fever-reducing medication for at least 72 hours and be at least seven days removed from when their symptoms first began.
- Members with symptoms or who have recently recovered from symptoms should not visit the premises and should seek alternative methods for obtaining IU Credit Union services (e.g. ATMs, online banking, mobile banking, visiting our website: www.iucu.org)
- The CDC recommends that individuals not travel, if possible, especially if they are at higher risk of severe illness. Employees who do travel must follow any state and local travel restrictions currently in place, including any quarantines upon arrival and return.
- IU Credit Union reserves the right to require employees who travel to COVID-19 high risk areas to self-quarantine at home upon their return.