Joining IU Credit Union
What to bring to open your account.
To open your account (youth accounts, see bottom of page) at any branch please bring:
1. One (1) valid (not expired) government issued picture identification.
• U.S. Driver's License*
• State Issued Identification Card
• Military Identification Card
• Military Dependent Identification Card
• Alien Registration Card (Form I-551)
• Employment Authorization (Form I-766)
2. One (1) valid (not expired) second form of identification.
• Student ID Card
• Employer ID Card
• Credit/Debit Card
• Birth Certificate
• Social Security Card
• Car Registration
• Bill or invoice not more than 30 days old, showing your pre-printed address (ex. utility bill,
real estate tax bill, credit card bill, etc.). A hand written bill is not acceptable.
• Bank Statement
• Documents issued by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)
• Identity card issued by a state or national government authority|
•Insurance Card (other than Medicare or Medicaid)
•Immigrant or Nonimmigrant U.S. Visa
3. Proof of Social Security Number
• Social Security Card
• Letter from Social Security Administration showing your name and full SSN
• W-2/1099/1098 showing your name and full SSN
• Tax Return showing your name and full SSN
• Insurance/Medicare card showing your name and full SSN
• Paystub showing your name and full SSN
• Official school or student loan document showing your name and full SSN
4. Proof of employment may be necessary - if you qualify for membership solely because your
employer is located in one of our eligible counties
5. Opening deposit
• Membership share of $5, which is deposited into Membership Savings
NOTE: Be sure to bring all accountholders at the time of account opening, when adding a checking account, changing payable on death beneficiaries, taking out a loan, etc. If you are unsure if all owners on an account must be present when adding a particular product or service, please give us a call at 812-855-7823 or toll free 888-855-MYCU (6928), option 9.
Youth Accounts (under 18)
M3 Money Club
For kids birth through 12 years old. Accounts must be opened with a parent, grandparent or guardian. We must have the Social Security number, date of birth and identification (ex. birth certificate
or Social Security card) for the child.
Elements of Money
For teens 13-17 years old. Accounts must be opened with a parent, grandparent or guardian. We must have the Social Security number, date of birth and identification (ex. Photo ID) of the child.