A wire transfer is an electronic transfer of funds from one financial institution to another. IU Credit Union provides domestic and international wire transfer service.
Receiving a Wire Transfer
Wire deposits can be made to your savings or checking account.
- Wire deposits are received Monday—Friday, excluding federal holidays.
- Incoming funds are posted to accounts the same day if received prior to 4:00 pm, ET.
- Funds received after the cutoff time will be posted the next business day.
What you will need
In order to receive a domestic or international wire transfer, provide the following information to the sending financial institution:
- Name as titled on IU Credit Union account
- Account number to which the funds should be credited
- IU Credit Union's Routing/ABA Number (274972744)
- IU Credit Union's address: PO Box 368, Bloomington, IN 47402-0368
For international transfers, members should instruct the sending financial institution to use a corresponding bank to facilitate the transfer to your account, as IU Credit Union is not part of the SWIFT network. IU Credit Union only receives U.S. dollars.
*The financial institution that initiates the wire transfer may charge a fee as well.
Sending a Wire Transfer
Members may initiate a wire transfer in one of several ways:
- Visiting any branch office
- Submitting a request through Online Banking Secure Email
- Mailing your request to PO Box 368, Bloomington, IN 47402-0368
A domestic wire transfer is a transfer of funds within the United States
Fee: $40 plus the intermediary bank fee, if applicable
Dollar limitations may apply to requests not received in person. Please note that not all outgoing wire transfers will be processed the same day as they are received.
Funds wired to overseas accounts can be sent in either foreign currency or U.S. dollars. Prior to initiating a transfer, contact the intended payee to request their wiring instructions, thus limiting processing delays and helping insure that funds reach their intended destination.